Sunday, September 28, 2014

C4KSummary for September

Kid playing on the computer
MYA

Mya is a 8th grade student at the PT England School in Auckland, Nz. She wrote about the introduction to her favorite movie called La Luna. She was very descriptive about the scenes of the movie. Below is my comment I left for her:

Hi Mya! My name is Sammi. I am a Senior at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL in the United States. I will be summarizing your post on my blog, Sammi Taylor, for my EDM 310 class. I really enjoyed reading your post about the opening to the short animation La Luna. I particularly like the part about the shimmering stars reflecting on the calm ocean and the part where the strokes, caused by the rowing of the boat, left foamy bubbles behind. Your descriptions are so vivid. I can close my eyes and get visuals in my mind just by your words. I hope you will summarize the rest of the animation. I can't wait to see what happens next. Can I find this animation online? Did your class watch the animation at school? I hope you have a great school year!

BRYAN

Bryan is a 5th grade student in his Mrs. Schramel's class. He was given the assignment to discuss D.A.R.E. which previously stood for Drug Abuse Resistance Education but now stands for Define Assess Respond Evaluate. Below is the comment I left on his blog:

Hi Bryan! My name is Sammi! I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I will be summarizing your blog post on my blog. Your post was very good! It was very informative. You taught me something new. I didn't realize that D.A.R.E. stands for Define Assess Respond Evaluate. I hope your classmates and other students read your post and understand that drugs and alcohol are bad for them. It was smart to state what happens to your body when someone smokes. I hope this will prevent your classmates from trying cigarettes. Keep up the good work! Have a great semester!

CAEL

Cael is a student in Mrs. Freitag class. He was given the assignment to discuss changes he would like to see in his school.His main changes were to add a recess, provide better lunches, and have less homework. Below is the comment I made on his blog:

Hi Cael! My name is Sammi. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I will be summarizing your blog with a post on my class blog. I love reading your blog. I think you have some great and powerful ideas! I especially liked the idea of having less homework. When I was in your grade, I never had time to play with friends outside because my teachers gave me so much homework. I agree with you, teachers should give more class time to finish work. I also liked the idea of better lunches. Having better lunches was also important to me when I was in school. What do you think the school should provide for lunch? I really hope your school takes your ideas into consideration. Have a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment