Sunday, October 26, 2014

C4KSummary for October

Kids activities blog
MATTHEW

Matthew is a 6th grade reading student in Mrs. Rivera class in Florida. He was asked to summarize the book How to Train a Dragon. He did an excellent job! He was very descriptive with each scene. I introduced myself and told him what class and university I attended. I told him that I especially liked the part where he talked the skullions. Below is the post I left on his blog:

Hi Matthew! My name is Sammi. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. This is a great post! I really enjoyed reading it. You have given such a vivid and detailed description of the chapter, I want to read the book for myself! I especially liked the part where you described that the skullions can smell miles away. Can you imagine if we all could do that? Have you seen the movie? Have a great school year!

THOMAS

Thomas is a 7th grade student in Mrs. Ripp's class in Madison, WI. For his blog post, he was asked to give his thoughts on changes the school needed. First he asked why can't students wear hats? He asks the question, do teachers need to know their identity or is it for another reason? The second thing he would like to change is not being forced to read books that he doesn't want to read. He gives the example that if students read above their reading level, they will be worse off. His second point to why students should not be forced to read books they don't want to is they will get bored and become distracted. His third and finally change would be to homework. He writes homework is not necessary if it was learned in class. Below is the post I left on his blog:

Hi Thomas! I am a senior student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I will be summarizing your blog post on my blog post. This was a great post! You did an excellent job! Your ideas were very well written and thoughtful. I especially liked the idea about not having homework. I think if you learned the lesson in class, you shouldn't have to take it home and do more work. I had so much homework when I was in your grade, I couldn't play outside with my friends. Do you have the same problem as I did? I encourage you to tell your teacher about your changes. I hope your school takes your ideas into consideration. Have a great school year!

DEVEN
Deven is a 3rd grade student in Ms. Essenburg's class in Michigan. For his blog post, he was to post an "All About Me" summary. Deven has two sisters, Ayesha and Malina, and one brother, Tej. He says all of his siblings are nice. He has a dog named Rex. His favorite animal is a duck. In my comment, I introduced myself to Deven. I told him I was a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I stated I had siblings and my favorite animal is an elephant. I asked him why are ducks his favorite animal. Finally, I told him to have a great school year and keep up the good work! Below is the comment I left:

Hi Deven! My name is Sammi. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I really enjoyed reading your post! You did an excellent job! I can tell you really love your brother and sisters. I have one sister, Leisa and two brothers, Derrick and Landon. I don't have any pets but I am sure you enjoying playing with Rex. My favorite animal is an elephant. Why are ducks your favorite animal? Hope you have a great school year Deven! Keep up the good work!

PJ

PJ is a 6th grade student in Mr. Somerville's class in Pt. England School Auckland, New Zealand. For his blog post, PJ was asked to describe what he did over the holiday. It seems as through he had a lot of fun. He and his cousins, Kaleb, Dallin and Brigim, made plans to go to the movies to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at 6:40. While they were waiting to leave, they played Call of Duty: Black Ops. After getting to the movies, they each had $20 to spend so they brought lollies, chips, and a drink. He recommended everyone go see the movie because it was good and the theater was full. What was very unique about his post was a graded paragraph rubric that was attached. According to the rubric, he did pretty good, getting a 5 on sentences that were connected and built up the main idea. In my comment, I introduced myself. I told him that he wrote an awesome post. I told him I was into video games and asked him what gaming system he has. I told him thank you for recommending the movie. Based off his enthusiasm, I am definitely going to watch the movie. Below is the comment I left:

Hi PJ! My name is Sammi. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL United States. I will be summarizing my visit to your blog with a post on my blog on 10/26. This was an awesome post! I really enjoyed reading about how you spent your holiday. I was so inspired by your enthusiasm, I am definitely going to watch the Ninja Turtles movie. Thank you for recommending it. I really liked how you included your graded rubric. Congratulations of getting 3's and 5's. I too am into video games. I have a Wii. What gaming system do you have? Have a great school year PJ! Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment