Wednesday, November 19, 2014

C4KSummary for November

Student Blogs with a picture of students sitting at a picnic table

LEIGHAM
Leigham is a 5th grade student in Mr. Akerson's class in St. Louis. She was asked to write a post about "My device is an animal". In this post, she was required to convince readers that her iPod was an animal. This was a great way to use descriptive words. I was totally convinced that her iPod could be considered an animal. Below is the comment I left on her blog:

Hi Leigham! My name is Sammi. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. This was an awesome post! I was really convinced that your iPod was an animal. You had my attention the entire time. Your words were so descriptive, by the end, I was thinking that an iPod could really be an animal. You have great writing skills. I especially loved how you incorporated a Bible verse. It really gave the iPod life. I can't wait to read the next one. Are you enjoying writing on a blog? Keep up the great work! Have a great semester!

CHRISTIAN

Christian is a 5th grade student in Mrs. Mena class at Camarena Elementary School in Chula Vista, CA. He was to write a post using sequence words. He chose to use the recipe for making a PB&J sandwich. Using a recipe was a great way to introduce sequence. Using number words, like first and second, gives a clear direction to what is suppose to be done in a particular order. Below is the comment I left on his blog:

Hi Christian! My name is Sammi. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I will be summarizing your blog post on my blog at the end of the month. This was a great use of sequence words! It was a good idea to use steps of a recipe to explain how things are to be done in a particular order. I especially liked how you are teaching your readers that the peanut butter goes on one side and the jelly on another. This is my favorite snack. I like to use strawberry jelly on my sandwich. Is PB&J your favorite snack too? Have a great school year Christian!

MARILYN

Marilyn is a 5th grade student in Mrs. Mena's class at Camarena Elementary School in Chula Vista, CA. After weeks of hard work, she was asked to write a reflection about what she has gained after taking a pre and post math test. She was very excited to see how much knowledge she gained about using division with decimals. In her class, they had intensive practice on finding length and width and how to get a 1 digit fact. I told her that it is wonderful that she has gained so much confidence in herself. I hope she continues to know that hard work does pay off. I believe she can succeed in anything she wants to accomplish. I wished her all the best for the rest of the school year. Below is the comment I left:

Hi Marilyn! My name is Sammi. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. Great job on your post! Great job on the test! I love your enthusiasm towards learning. You are correct, hard work does pay off. I hope you continue to strive for greatness throughout your school year. I am very confident you will succeed in everything you set forth to accomplish. Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? Keep up the awesome attitude and confidence. Have a great school year Marilyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment